Thursday 17 December 2009

A night out in Liverpool

After a a few weeks off work, my first week back included the annual works 'do' in Liverpool. Not being a fan of 'clubbing', I was looking forward to a nice meal and a couple of drinks with my workmates.  I was at first apprehensive, when the suggestion of going 'Japanese' (nothing like going 'Dutch'). Having only discovered Chinese food in my late 20's, Japanese food to me was always rumoured to be uncooked fish or Sushi, but as we all know this is not the case.  We were booked into the 'Sapporo Teppanyaki' and how wrong I was. As the only fish that I eat is Haddock, usually well battered, I opted for the Garlic Chicken stuffed with asparagus served with veg, potatoes, egg fried rice and mushrooms, all of which was cooked on the hotplate in front of us. I can say that it was the best meal I had had for a long time, so well done to my colleague John who organised the night out for us and the staff at Sapporo Liverpool, (although the Manager was called Costas and my comment 'Costas, a good old Japanese name' raised a smile with the staff.......The service was very good, although the Japanese beer we had tasted very much like San Miguel. All in all a really great night.........have a visit...www.sapporo.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment